Tuesday, January 29, 2013

Review: Fall From Grace by Christine Zolendz

Fall From Grace
Christine Zolendz
Series: Mad World #1
Publication date: July 22nd 2012
Rating: 4 stars

Goodreads - Amazon

I'm finally home after struggling through my brother's illness and death. But, home is definitely a bit different. My best friend (the only person alive now that knows my secret) has a new boyfriend; and he has a friend. Shane Maxton: bad boy, tattooed rock god, eye candy extraordinaire. He is also New York City's most arrogant, self-serving, son of a, well, a definite one-night stand kind of a guy.

But, it doesn't matter to me because I've spent my existence looking for the love of my life, my angel. And, there is nothing that Shane Maxton can do to change that. 
This was a bit of a surprise for me.

I had this book sitting on my Kindle for so long it even had the old cover, and I went in blind. I now regret not having read it before, because it was such a great story.

You were kept in the dark about Grace's secret until it served the plot right. It was lovely to have all the paranormal aspects as a secondary thing, and being giving little hints about what it could be throughout the whole story. The beginning read like any other contemporary romance book, which only made it even more enjoyable to discover what was really happening.

The music scenes were amazingly written. I felt like I right there with Grace and Shane while they played and sang. Even though some of those shows led to some pretty heavy sexual tension that was left unresolved, mostly because Grace kept fighting herself when it came to her attraction to Shane. And that was one of the things that made me really frustrated with her character, just wanting to scream at her to stop being difficult.

Otherwise, I had so much fun reading this and I can't believe it took me so long to do it. Amazing story, even though it ended with a cliffie, and I can't wait to read the sequel!

No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...